Bike Riding Skills - Advanced
Time & Location
About the Event
Over the course of this class you will increase your knowledge, expertise, and ability to use a bicycle safely for commuting, utility, health, and recreation.
Requirements for All Participants (See below for Learn to Ride and the Bike Maintenance classes.)
- Must be able to ride a bicycle for at least one mile
- Bring a bike in good working condition
- Bring a properly fitting bicycle helmet. Free new helmets will be given to all who need one.
- Sign the NHCAT waiver
- Bring a bottle of water, light snacks or fruit, and sunblock
- Bring a face mask in case you are asked to wear one while indoors
This class is for cyclists who know how to ride a bike and either completed BIKE RIDING SKILLS – BASIC or have experience riding on the streets and want a higher level of instruction and practice. There will be a focus on proper helmet fit, pre-ride check-list, responsibilities and etiquette of cycling on the streets, scanning, lane positioning on challenging roads, crash avoidance, and starting and stopping smoothly and quickly. There will be a group ride to practice skills learned in class. Over the course of this class you will increase your knowledge, expertise, and ability to use a bicycle safely for commuting, utility, health, and recreation.